Heard of Netflix ? The ever growing popular online streaming service that charges you $9 a month to stream OLD movies and TV Shows.
Well, if you ever want to stream Movies or TV Shows for free you are in luck today. Introduce XBMC + Icefilms, the most powerful combination to enrich your home entertainment. In a way this is better than what Netflix offers you for $9 a month.
Here is how to get started:
First you need to download the media center XBMC, originally designed for Xbox, but have grow ever since and now it’s a cross platform media center you don’t want to miss.
Next, download the icefilms add-on (always download the latest zip file) for XBMC. Icefilms is a third party source to view all the goodies that you can ever possible to imagine.
Follow These Installation Steps:
- Once you done installing XBMC, fire it up. Go to System > Add-ons.
- Choose “Install from zip file”
- Use the keyboard arrow key or the mouse to navigate to the icefilms.zip add-on you just downloaded a moment ago. Hit OK when you done. By doing so you have just enabled the add-on. To make the use of this add-on go back to main menu. Video > Add-on
- There will be a list of add-ons, select Icefilms
- Choose Popular or other sorting option provided.
Wola, you’ve just got yourself a list of movies to be watch for free, all in high quality.
Follow these steps and you will be able to watch all the TV & Movies you could have ever wanted, plus alot more!
Some Movies or Videos will have more than one source, all streaming from Megaupload server. You need to wait for a while to start streaming, once the wait is over. You can enjoy the show.
That’s it, for now, XBMC is a great software if you are interested in building a home entertainment system. Give them a try, you will enjoy it. (Please note: we are not supporting nor encouraging any use of validating Copyright content. Simply provide a guidance what’s possible from a software prospective)